Do you have an interest in Photography ?
We will show you how to use your camera and to use PhotoShop and generally have fun with photos.
We meet every Wednesday evening at 7pm in the South West Wexford Community Development Group centre at Ramsgrange
Contact Jack on 087 1358254 or reception on 051 389418 or Just come along on a Wednesday evening
The Blokes with Cameras meet every Wednesday night in the computer room at SWWCDP. They look at their photos and pick photos for the photo of the week that are displayed every 2nd week in the reception area of SWWCDP weekly. This group is a self taught group and if anyone wants to join they can do so no matter their level of ability they just need to have a keen interest in Photography. While photography is the groups main activity interacting with other Men’s Groups is an important part of groups development.
Although the membership is slightly down for 2014 the group members are more active than ever. The lower membership is possibly due to the fact that the local newspapers have not been used to promote group activities this year. Recently we have increased our profile using social media outlets and expect to benefit from this in the coming months. In September when the group resumes after the summer break promotion in the local newspapers will be renewed.
The current membership is as follows.
Jack Butler, Frank Carberry, Ernie Dundon, Thomas Furlong, John Flynn, Brendan O’Callaghan, Kevin Quigley, Paul O’Dowd, Tom Connery, Martin Doran, Sean Gaul and William Astley.
Wednesday evening meetings center on sharing knowledge of photography related subjects such as PhotoShop skills and photo taking techniques. Group members regularly give tutorials on specific topics such as PhotoShop’s Layers or Cloning Stamp.As the evenings grew longer the group went on a number of photo shoots to local areas of interest, Tintern Abbey, the Hook Peninsula, Ferrycarrig Park to meet the Wexford Youths Womens soccer team and an outing to Passage East and Cheek Point in Waterford. Other outings are planned over the summer period.
Photo Displays and Exhibitions
- Feb. New Ross Community Forum AGM
- Education Certificate Awards SWWCDP
- Co. Wexford Forum AGMMay Hook Lighthouse – Maritime Matters Festival.
The benefits to the community of the ETB funded courses run by the group were highlighted more than ever in the first six months of 2014
- The group were asked to take team photos of the Wexford Youths Women’s team and to take individual photos of team members. The photos will be presented to the team at their annual awards ceremony.
- A group member along with a member of the Creative Images group ran a photographic module for transition year students at the Ramsgrange Community School and helped prepare the photographs for the students graduation evening.
- A group member presented four framed photographs to the Wexford branch of Parkinsons Association of Ireland at their official launch on the 26th May
- Another group member took photos for sixth class at St Lenords School, created a collage of the images and each individual pupil which will be presented to them on their final day at the school.
- Two of the group were asked to contribute and had photographs featured in the Hook Tourism brochure “Visit The Hook Peninsula”
- As in previous years a group member has taken photos of staff on TUS and the CE schemes at SWWCDP the photo are then displayed in the centre.
- Photographs were taken for the childcare graduation and the photos made available to the children’s parents.
Training attended by group members
- Facebook training sessions over two evenings provided by the Community Forum.
- Two day first aid course by the Order of Malta organized by WLD
- A Men’s Group networking morning in Templeshannon, Enniscorthy was attended by group members in May. The event was hosted by WLD and provided information on funding availability.
- In June Men’s Health week was launched in Templeshannon and was organized by the Men’s Network and featured speakers on cancer prevention and men’s wellness. four of the group attended this event.
- Also in June group members attend an Ability Awareness Training provided by the County Wexford Community Forum. The training was to help communities to focus on the individuals ability rather than the disability.
- The group were successful in their application for funding from the Waterford & Wexford ETB to run a Fetec level 5 course in Image Processing. The course ran from February to May. The course was a joint application by Blokes With Cameras and Creative Images group.
- This year the group were again successful in their application for funding from the WLD small projects up to €400. The project will be to produce a community based Web site which will host a collection of photographs of people and places past and present from the South West Wexford area with the theme “Today’s Images Are Tomorrows History”
SWWFRC is compliant with the Charities Governance Code 2020