SWWCDG run a variety of programmes and activities that promote and encourage social inclusion for all members of the south west Wexford community. We work through the principles of community development of being open to and encouraging participation by all sections of our community. We aim to offer new opportunities for individual development, training, education and offer support services particularly to those lacking choice, resources and power in our activities. We also offer support and work with the community and other groups to promote positive changes in policy that affect them. Recent activities include;
- SWWCDP ran a “Be Positive 2014” campaign @ The Ramsgrange Centre promoting positive thinking from the 13th January 2014 for 2 full weeks. A focus point was made on our notice board full of inspirational quotations and stress management techniques.
- 40 local men and women people participated in our health check project in January 2014 as part of the National Operation Transformation Event.
- An outreach information event to increase awareness and uptake of health, welfare , educational and cultural activities and services at SWWCDP and countywide was also held in January in Ballinaboola.
- SWWCDP registered to take part in the Irish Heart Foundations “Be Red Hot this Valentines” campaign in January, 2014 during which we ran 3 small information provision and fundraising events.
- A Budgeting workshop for the community was held on June 10th 2014 supported by inputs from MABS, the Energy Officer Wexford County Council and a HSE Dietician.
- Our information stand @ the Killag show on July 10th 2014 was targeted towards those seeking to access information on enterprise, education and training and FAS/TUS CE schemes , youth-work provision and SWWCDG childcare provision.
- SWWCDG supports the November Women’s Aid 16 Days Campaign annually with information provision around domestic violence issues and supports, commemorating our participation with a Balloon Release and supporting a collection for Wexford Womens refuge.
- SWWCDG held a four-week “Living Well” program, centered around individual workshops with a specific focus on Health and Well-being in November 2014 open to everybody in the catchment area.
- Supports are also provided to the following groups @ The Ramsgrange Centre :
- Blokes with Cameras
- Creative Images group
- Shelbourne Womens Group
- St Louis Stitchers
- Ramsgrange Horticultural Society
- Ramsgrange Book Club