SOUTH WEST WEXFORD FAMILY RESOURCE CENTRE
Is currently seeking to appoint a Part- time
(20 hrs per week – Evening and weekend work may be included)
Community / Family Support Worker
The overall purpose of the job is:
To develop and maintain a family support outreach and development strategy in the South West Wexford area that will assist local families and individuals to address their needs and develop their full potential.
The ideal candidate will have
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role and a 3rd level qualification in Family Support, Community Development, Social Care
- A good understanding in Youth/ Family Support work in a community based setting
- An understanding and knowledge of supporting parents and children through programmes and activities.
- Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, Leadership and Facilitation skills
- Experience of Networking and liaising with Voluntary, Community and Statutory Agencies
- Excellent IT, Social Media and Report Writing Skills
- Ability and initiative to work on their own and as part of a team;
- Training in Child Protection and knowledge of Meitheal would be an advantage.
- Experience of facilitating an evidence based parenting programme would be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application forms and further information can be obtained by email only from email@example.com
- Application forms on completion, should be returned by post to the Finance , Audit and Employment Sub-Group, c/o South West Wexford FRC, Ramsgrange Centre, Ramsgrange, New Ross Co Wexford
- Closing date for applications is Thursday 14th September 2017 @ 5pm
- Interviews will be held in South West Wexford FRC, Ramsgrange Centre, Ramsgrange, New Ross Co Wexford on 26th September 2017.
- Applications will be short listed for interview.
- The successful candidate will be offered a starting point between the 1st and the 3rd point on the Family Resource Centre scale, depending on experience and qualifications