VISION, MISSION, GUIDING PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
“IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF OUR RURAL COMMUNITY”
“TO ENSURE AND SUPPORT SUSTAINABLE FAMILY SUPPORT AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT”
Guiding Principles and Values
- We value difference and diversity and support inclusion.
- We believe in the principles of community development and will work to apply principles to our work at all times.
- We will use an open, welcoming, non-judgmental approach at all times. We will make ourselves aware of issues of discrimination and challenge unacceptable practices (e.g. language, attitudes, behaviours, etc.).
- We value volunteering and the vital role it plays in our community. We will actively encourage volunteerism and community ownership in all the projects we are involved in. We will regularly reflect on the impact of our professional interventions and seek to ensure meaningful community engagement.
- We will seek to prioritise work with those who are most in need of support to overcome disadvantage, social isolation/ exclusion or poverty.
- We believe that everyone has the right to be supported and heard. We want to ensure that people can speak for themselves, and will work to strengthen their collective voice. We will engage in lobbying, campaigning and advocacy work at the request of the community.
- We want to be proactive in identifying and addressing unmet needs in our community and to ensure quality service provision and the sustainability of the community.
- We want to support the community to organise and celebrate events in their community, to bring people together and build bridges between groups and individuals, to encourage a strong sense of community spirit for anyone living in the SWW area.
- We will aim to be professional in all our working relationships and to work from the principles of Fairness and Dignity.
SWWFRC is compliant with the Code of Practice for Good Governance of Community, Voluntary and Charitable Organisations in Ireland